If you want to participate in a holiday course or experience you may be eligible for STAR funding! Below are some up and coming examples of what you could do to enhance your careers and work ready skills for the future.
Barista Course (full)
This 2-day barista course offers you the chance to gain a comprehensive knowledge of barista skills. We will cover the history & evolution of coffee and the production of all coffee recipes requested in today’s cafe society.
This course includes two level L3 unit standards 17284: 3 credits AND 17288: 5 credits
Design and Animation Course
Yoobee School of Design and Animation; short courses in Christchurch/Auckland/Wellington. Click HERE for a peek at their stunning 2 or 3-day holiday courses in design, animation, game design, short film and more.
ARA Polytechnic Taster Courses
- Art & Design for a Day – 19 August, Christchurch City Campus
- Beauty Therapy Taster – 18 August, Timaru Campus
- Business Escape Room – 11 August, Christchurch City Campus; 25 August, Timaru Campus
- Hairdressing Taster – 10 August, Christchurch City Campus; 11 August, Timaru Campus
- Junior Trades Taster – 11 August, Christchurch City Campus; 20 August, Timaru Campus
- Sparky for a Day – 14 August, Timaru Campus
Queenstown Resort College Taster Week
If you are serious about a career in Tourism, Hospitality Management or Adventure Tourism then this three-day experience HERE could be the right fit for you.
Girl Boss Holiday Career Accelerator
Who: Young women aged 15- 18 who are passionate about a career in the Tech, Engineering and Innovation Industries.
- Live sessions with High Profile Mentors
- Career accelerator modules
- One to one mentoring session
- Community Challenge (CV worthy!)